Our core values make us who we are. They are the reason and purpose we are here and serve as a standard by which all ministry is conducted at Cornerstone. They are unchanging because they are all based on scriptural principles found in the Word of God which itself is unchanging.
- Cornerstone Church values each individual as valuable and precious to God. We believe that God’s love is for each individual on the face of the earth. He demonstrated His love for us by sending Jesus to reveal to mankind who God is and what he is like. His plan and purpose for every person is good based on the truth that God is no respecter of persons.
- Cornerstone Church values the family and its place in our society. We believe the family unit, no matter what its size, is extremely important to God and to us as a church family. Strong families help make strong local churches which can impact our society in a positive way. We believe in providing ministry to the whole family. We strongly believe in a children’s and youth ministry that is teaching Biblical truths that will be the standard by which they live their lives.
- Cornerstone Church values worship and praise as not only something we do in church but a lifestyle that brings honor and glory to God and spiritual edification to the worshiper. We believe that true worship and praise is based upon the truth of God’s Word. It is an outward expression of a heart that is filled with appreciation and gratitude to God for all that He has and will continue to do for us on a daily basis. We believe that it is vitally important that we worship God together as a church family so that we can corporately experience His presence. Worship directed to God is edifying and uplifting to the worshiper and also is a way that we can thank God for how richly He has blessed our lives.
- Cornerstone Church values and esteems God’s Word as the final authority in our lives. We believe that when understood and acted upon, God's Word will strengthen our hearts, renew our minds, and bring positive change to the negative circumstances that we encounter in life. We believe that with God all things truly are possible to the one who believes and is bold to confess their faith in God’s unchanging Word.
- Cornerstone Church values winning the lost and making disciples. We believe that every believer is called to be involved in the Great Commission which Jesus gave to all of His disciples. We value evangelism that is relational and that is based on a lifestyle. We believe that it is the goodness of God that leads people to repentance. Our desire is to not only see people get saved but to see them grow and to become a disciplined follower of Jesus Christ.
- Cornerstone Church values interactive fellowship that develops personal relationships within the church family. We believe that the primary purpose of the church is to teach and preach the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. However, we also believe that Christian fellowship is necessary to develop Godly relationships which encourage us in our walk with the Lord. Fellowship not only provides spiritual encouragement but also allows us to have fun, laugh, and enjoy the blessings God has given to us.
- Cornerstone Church values the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. We believe that when Jesus went back to heaven, God the Father sent the Holy Spirit to continue the ministry that Jesus had started on the earth. The Holy Spirit was sent by God to help each believer understand God’s ord, to encourage and comfort us in times of need, and to lead and guide us through life so that we can experience God’s perfect will for our lives. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift for all believers to enable us to face and overcome all the trials of life.
- Cornerstone Church values an outlook and attitude of faith, optimism, and expectancy. We believe that we are saved by grace through faith and that we are to live our lives by faith in a faithful God. God has a good plan for our lives and we expectantly anticipate His blessings and purpose to come to pass in our lives as we walk in obedience to Him.